What would you put in this box?
Things I have in the box now:
- Candy boxes- emptied, stuffed with paper and wrapped in tape for durability.
- Drawstring pouch
- Stacking toy
- Wooden kokeshi doll
- Play money
- Eraser play foods
- Receipts (photocopy and then laminate otherwise they could laminate and burn/blacken)
- Hand towel
- Airplane travel kit
- Leftover coins
- Passport cover
- Train map
- Old wallet with "credit cards"
More things I can add:
- Maps- country, city, transit, attraction specific
- Pictures- places, people, food, everyday objects
- Books- about places, people, things, colouring books
- Airplane ticket
- Train ticket
- Toy train & plane
- Tracing page for words/numbers
- Play food- rolled paper sushi, cardboard/cut out foods
- Instructions for Japanese games eg tag, the stacking game (like Jenga)
- Paper inside the passport cover to collect stamps, stickers, etc
- Dress up items
This box can encourage play and learning in several different areas.
- Social- how are Japanese people's lives different or the same?
- Language- words that are similar/different, learn some words
- Fine/gross motor- write Japanese characters (letters), chopsticks pickup game, building with legos/blocks, tag
- Craft- fans, papers or yarn sushi, airplanes, kokeshi dolls, bags
- Food- make real recipes, discuss similar/different foods, pretend cooking
- Sensory- rice, water, sand