When on a budget it's best to plan ahead! There's about to be some big annual sales in my area so it's a good time to think about presents. Click on the "Holidays" tag to see posts from other years.
Here's some ideas for kids:
- Pretend play
- From gardens to kitchens, banks to garages there's tons of ideas out there. Here's a previous post with some ideas.
- My post about some play food.
- Don't forget your play money!
- Get a bunch of friends together for a Book Depot order. See my post here.
- Make an audio book and gift with the book itself, and maybe the movie.
- Partially prepared crafts. Gather all the supplies and cut and prepare the craft as much as you like.
- Like these lanterns.
- Or this moving parts paperdoll or this one.
- Comic book pages or folded books.
- Disney's Up finger painting.
- Fort building kit
- People and animal building blocks / matching game
- Dress up clothes
- Simple princess dresses
- Every princess needs a crown.
- Superhero masks
- Superhero cape
- Keep an eye out for sales around Halloween.
- Make a bingo game for your favourite movie.
- Like this Harry Potter one.
- Make or buy artwork of favourite books or movies
- Make a custom colouring book
- Choose favourite colouring pages, crosswords, etc and sew/glue/tape them together.
- Bath supplies
- "My First Sewing Kit"